We live in a time where prayer continues to be the primary way we hold our cares to God. We also live in time where action and advocacy are essential spiritual practice. During Advent I hope we, the members of the Upstate New York Synod, will participate in flooding our social media feeds with images and words and calls for prayer, hope and action.
- Sign up for social media accounts on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. If you need help with this don't be afraid to ask someone. Maybe it is a way to connect with the technology say family member on Thanksgiving. Maybe it is something to do during coffee hour at church. Or google how to videos on the computer if you don't want to ask any one person. Be sure to follow the Upstate New York Synod on all of the social media sights.
- Begin to notice was to use photos as prayers. Look for signs of hope. Pay attention to ways you can act from where you are.
- Make it a practice to notice hope. To pair hope with action, no matter how small the action may seem. Find ways to capture prayer and hope and action in images you see in every day life.
- Post pictures and words and what you notice on one or all of the social media avenues (Facebook or Instagram or Twitter)
- As a spiritual practice, challenge yourself to post at least three times a week.
- Include #PrayHopeActUNYS2018 in your posts