Faith Alive!: Living as Grounded, Growing, Giving and Graced People for the Sake of the World
The goals of this five-year strategic plan are:
- To be Grounded in Christ Jesus by knowing the biblical narrative and connecting Bible stories with our own faith stories.
- To Grow in our witness to God’s love and the power of the Resurrection to bring abundant life to all.
- To be Generous in joyfully sharing our time, talent and treasure.
- To embody Grace and be God’s hands, feet and voice in the world.
- To assist congregations in discerning where and how God is calling them to embody God's grace, boldly proclaim the Good News of God's love and forgiveness in Jesus and work for God's peace and justice throughout the world.
This is a 5-year plan that integrates our synod’s 4 G’s with the ELCA Forward Together Goals for the strategic direction of the Church. Beginning in 2018, and continuing each year through 2022, one of the G’s will be our central focus or lens through which communication, teaching, and faith formation occurs. The fifth year, 2022, will focus on integrating the growth that occurs in the prior years. The primary elements that will be offered for exploration include storytelling, biblical connections, worship and prayer practices, serving, and broadening/deepening our understanding and experience of faith formation.
While much of the exploration of faith and its integration into daily life occurs within congregations, online and social media resources will be developed to encourage sharing of reflections, learnings and insights between individuals and congregations that engage the Faith Alive! process.