The GLOCAL event and the Upstate New York Synod Assembly are one and the same June 8, 9, and 10, 2017
The theme of this local/global event is Building Bridges. All are invited and encouraged to attend. You do not have to be a voting member. Child care will be available.
International themed worship and music, social events, the Global Café, a Mission Expo, workshops,speakers, a gift shop, and international food and activities will be featured. Any and all can attend to share ideas and learn about connecting and building relationships in mission. Come and meet others from around the synod who have the same passion as you for putting faith into action.
You can look forward to:
- Receiving educational materials on accompaniment, global and domestic mission
- Worshiping and singing with a band of international musicians.
- Learning international dances
- Interacting with dynamic keynote presenters on global and domestic mission and culture
- Participating in skill-building workshops
- Sharing meals with other Lutherans interested in mission
- Learning ways to better practice “accompaniment” in your own congregation, the local community and across the globe.
Watch the Upstate Update for more information. All attendees must register for the event. Voting members will need to attend plenaries as representatives of their congregations. Workshops will be offered during plenaries for non-voting attendees, as well as during dedicated workshop times.
Questions may be addressed to: Beth Walker (Bethlehem, Fairport) ~ (315) 945-5539 ~ firstname.lastname@example.org.