Seafarers International has been a part of our assembly Mission Expo for several years. Seafarers International House is a ministry of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, where a Harbor of Hospitality is provided to seafarers, sojourners, and people on the way. Whether in the ports of New York, New England, New Jersey, Baltimore, Philadelphia, or at their guesthouse on Union Square in Manhattan, Seafarers cares for people because nobody should be isolated or forgotten, whether at sea or ashore.
Our Assembly planning team invites congregations to help us knit and crochet hats and scarves for Seafarers. Bring your finished items to Synod Assembly for distribution to this important ministry serving those on the sea. Below are links to help you with your projects.
Learn more about Seafarers at:
Lutheran Advocate for Maritime Ministries facebook page.
Seafarers International House –http://sihnyc.org/
Hat and Scarf Instructions are available at the links below and are also posted on the synod website under “Assembly.”
- Instructional videos on YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9404AA6E23C289C7
- Seafarers crocheted cap – http://seamenschurch.org/sites/default/files/sci-crochet-seafarers-cap.pdf
- Seafarers Watch Cap Knitted – http://seamenschurch.org/sites/default/files/sci-watch-cap.pdf
- Seafarers Watch Cap in the Round knitted – http://seamenschurch.org/sites/default/files/sci-watch-cap-itr.pdf
- Seafarers scarf – http://seamenschurch.org/sites/default/files/sci-seafarers-scarf.pdf
Hat looms (Just the extra-large size. You can also order a set of four in different sizes.). Thrivent has accepted the purchase of these as an action team. Order hat looms